Below you will find a list of useful Drone related websites.
The Mission of ConservationDrones.org
ConservationDrones.org seeks to share knowledge of building and using low-cost unmanned aerial vehicles for conservation-related applications with conservation workers and researchers worldwide, especially those in developing countries.
- build capacity in the developing tropics to use unmanned aerial vehicles for conservation
- raise public awareness of conservation challenges in those regions
- inspire others to adapt emerging technologies for conservation
- FLIR Unveils New StormCaster Payloads for SkyRanger and SkyRaider Drones 20th November 2019FLIR has unveiled a new line of unmanned aerial system payloads for its SkyRanger and SkyRaider drones. The new line launches with two multi-sensor products: StormCaster-T, which delivers continuous zoom and longwave infrared (LWIR) imaging, and StormCaster-L, which provides ultra-low-light imaging, tracking and mapping. Back in January, FLIR completed the $200m acquisition of Canadian drone […]
- ‘Sorely lacking:’ Congress Members Blast Homeland Security Counter-drone Plan 19th November 2019Two House Republicans have a real problem with the Department of Homeland Security’s plans for drone mitigation. This past week. Rep. Sam Graves (R-Mo.) and Rep. Mark Rogers (R-Ala.) sent a letter to Acting Secretary Chad Wolf warning DHS that a plan empowering TSA air marshals to neutralize drones over airports overreaches the agency’s congressional […]
- Drone Delivery Canada Lands Agreement with Edmonton Airport 19th November 2019Toronto-based Drone Delivery Canada is partnering with Air Canada and the Edmonton International Airport to launch the world’s first airport-based, drone-delivery hub. Edmonton Regional Airports Authority and DDC will build flight routes from EIA using the drone firm’s DroneSpot takeoff and landing zones utilizing DDC’s drone flight infrastructure. DDC and the airport authority will implement, promote […]
The Latest News
Kittyhawk and Jeppesen Work Together to Provide LAANC Authorizations
Drone airspace authorization program, LAANC (Low Altitude Authorization and Notification Capability)
Drones Being Trialed for Whale Research by Ocean Alliance
With the speed at which the drone industry is progressing, there’s always an inspiring new story reg